Pages

Friday 16 September 2016

Tongan shared lunch

Shared lunch.
Last week was amazing…
Children dancing, eating, singing and most of all smiling as we all gather together and enjoy the moments we are having.

I was really happy because it was my own cultures day and because we got to wear Tongan clothes.

My body was just dancing to the Tongan music even though I did not want to dance but I just danced.

All my friends were talking to me as room 4 boys started running like a bunch of rats but chirping like birds.

I was laughing and enjoyed every bit of the day so I made my day better just by singing the song to the music.

When we started our Tongan celebration feast we first said a karakia.

After the karakia all the children in my class were jumping all over the place with excitement to taste the delicious homemade food.

The food we had was chop suey which was my favourite, Doritos which was mine, and a big hit was our favourite Tongan drink otai.

This day was the best day of my life at school. I loved it so much I had goosebumps growing on me as I started eating.

When our feast ended everybody ran outside while the teachers and older children from Room Seven started cleaning up.

I was playing hand ball outside with my friends until the boys came and ruined the game because they were cheating and they were being mean to the girls by saying “you are not playing”.

Finally the bell rang and it was time to go home. I was smiling and couldn’t wait to tell my mum the good news about what happened at my amazing school.

No comments:

Post a Comment