Pages

Friday 4 August 2017

My holiday recount

4/8/17Holiday recount.The most craziest time of my entire life!




“Woahhhh”, I walk into the Victory Centre building seeing all the lights shining bright like it’s going to jump into my eyes and make me blind. I didn’t even notice all the people (AKA all the youths around New Zealand) staring at me blankly.I was excited because it was going to be my first time at World Youth Day!.


As I was going to sit on the small black chairs a song suddenly turned on and blasted my ears off. Akesa pulled me and ran down to enjoy ourselves. The lights were still shining, goosebumps gathered together and songs deafened my ears. I watched one of these girls from another youth going crazy as if she was going to touch a spider. I laughed my head off.


After a little while some of the helpers that work at the Cathedral came on the stage, turned off the music and sang a song that they wanted to sing. All these songs I did not know but I still tried to sing along because it was a Holy song so I wanted to join and praise the Lord with them. 2 minutes later I heard someone on the side screaming out “GOD, HEAR OUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!”. I also wanted to do what she was doing but I didn’t because I was too shy.


Seeing all the people dance, sing and possibly screaming made me feel like I was in the paradise of God’s world “Heaven”. The songs stopped and back we went to our chairs.

This experience was very entertaining. I would like to visit the Victory Centre once again because it helps me contribute with a group and participate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment