Pages

Friday 11 August 2017

What is my number?


11/8/17
Learning goal- I am learning that numbers can be shown in many different ways

I can show in my presentation some of the different ways my number can be recorded.
My favourite way is making up a word problem.

Over week 3 I have been doing "what is my number". I have learnt how to write a proper word problem and answer it using my strategy and also analysing it. I also have learnt if my number is even or odd, I always focus on the last number because that is the main number even if it is a very long number. For example: 1294712084, this number is even because I can tell that the last number which is 4 is an even number. The hardest thing for me to do was "more or less" because I didn't know how to round up this big number to the nearest 10 000 but I still tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment