Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey | Day 1 | Week 1|Activity 2

17 / 12 / 18
Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My hometown is also Auckland ,
I am one of those 77% of people who live in the North Island and I am also proud to be living where I am right now.
What I find special in Auckland are the beautiful skies , native animals , forests and oceans. I love the view I have when I look outside seeing the birds and hearing them chirp giving me a good new day to life.
I enjoy breathing the clean air everyday knowing I'm living in a wonderful land here in Auckland.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fiapo,
    I like how you include everything about the animals that are in Auckland, like the birds and more. I like the way that you wrote your story and that it makes sense.

    Great Work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Fiapo

    The way that you describe Auckland is wonderful. We are lucky to live in such an exciting city. I love how we can go from being in the busy city to being in rich, native bush in 30 minutes. That's pretty special.

    What are some of the things that you like to do in Auckland? What is your community like? Are there lots of great food places? Does your community have a lot of celebrations?

    Keep breathing in that fresh air and enjoying your summer break. I can’t wait to read more from you.

    Cheers,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete